Tattoo advice help me!

Fast track your progress with the world's premier training program the Artist Accelerator

Tora2468

Basic
First Name
Jade
So I go my first tattoo in November and since then I’ve had 1 touch up session. So this tattoo I got it’s a cover up of a stick and poke...I can still see my old tattoo really clearly through my new tattoo so I was wondering is there anyway my tattoo artist can possibly use a different color on it like a darker color as I found a very similar flower or is it not possible at all opinions......?

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
pictures would help...but almost anything can be covered

Tora2468

Basic
First Name
Jade
pictures would help...but almost anything can be covered
So this is my tattoo

And this is what I was gonna ask to cover it as it’s very similar to it

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
that was a poor choice on design. did you pick it or did the artist say "hey...let's use a really light color in petals of a flower to cover that solid black"? I dont' know you...or your artist...but stuff like this usually happens when client says "i trust you" or "do your thing" and then insists on a poor choice. (had the same thing where a person wanted yellow flowers to cover blown out black lettering and was insistent they'd be ok with the result) she didn't get tattooed by me...i try not to compound poor choices.

You could add the purple...but honestly, you're going to start layering colors. You are going to lose that no line realism softness you wanted initially. There should have been more movement in the design to trick the eyes and camouflage the old one.

It's a pretty tattoo...but it's not the correct tattoo for a cover of such a black and bold design. find someone who specializes in color bomb cover ups and has a LOT of time doing it. Check their portfolios. KRISTEL ORETO (@kristeloreto) • Instagram photos and videos does that stuff in the US...not sure if there is a UK version.

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
this is way more aggressive than you'd need...just a silly online editor but see how lines and contrast can lead the eye away from the original?

Attachments

• 2019-12-29_1152.png
    2019-12-29_1152.png
    407.3 KB · Views: 7

Tora2468

Basic
First Name
Jade
this is way more aggressive than you'd need...just a silly online editor but see how lines and contrast can lead the eye away from the original?
Yeh thank you thought that might be the case. She didn’t say anything about the color but I wish she would’ve I just don’t know what to do now maby add a dark brown on it? She said to me on my last touch up session that orange was a bad color for cover ups I didn’t say anything but that Pisces me off a bit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fast track your progress - The complete online tattooing course for beginners