Need advice ty

Fast track your progress with the world's premier training program the Artist Accelerator

First Name
Rene P
playboysatx
One of my goals is getting to start working in a tattoo shop because I want to absorb everything and learn learn learn. So one of my reasons is the feedback I will receive. Let me know what I can do better myself my quality anything basically you feel I need to pay attention to more etc etc. Ty. So here's a few tattoos I have done. Oh yeah the hibiscus flowers were the first time I have ever tattoos any sort of flower
https://flic.kr/p/2miEt9q https://flic.kr/p/2miGT53

Bigdeezie0

Basic
First Name
David
IMO any tattoo shop would have to be a bunch of fools not to hire you. If you’re still looking for a spot when I open my shop in WA state, I’ll hire you.

soulstare22

Premium
First Name
Tim
https://www.instagram.com/lilcatinkportfolio/
take better pictures, photography is a huge part of building a portfolio, these all have bad lighting, glare, weird angles, and distracting backgrounds. also 2nd photo is blurry.

1st one is pretty sloppy looking but it looks intentional (coloring is weak and unsaturated, lines are shaky and inconsistent af, shading is patchy and sloppy) it's very consistently inconsistent; this could just be the design rather than the execution. 2nd one the photo is so bad that is hard to give an honest critique. the shading looks decent from what I can see tho.

Last edited:
First Name
Rene P
playboysatx
IMO any tattoo shop would have to be a bunch of fools not to hire you. If you’re still looking for a spot when I open my shop in WA state, I’ll hire you.
Ty brotha I got something like 120 ish tattoos under my belt Im just barely getting to feel somewhat comfortable and not so damn nervous and anxious. Sometimes I get the feeling that I care more about how the tattoos than my clients lol.

First Name
Rene P
playboysatx
take better pictures, photography is a huge part of building a portfolio, these all have bad lighting, glare, weird angles, and distracting backgrounds. also 2nd photo is blurry.

1st one is pretty sloppy looking but it looks intentional (coloring is weak and unsaturated, lines are shaky and inconsistent af, shading is patchy and sloppy) it's very consistently inconsistent; this could just be the design rather than the execution. 2nd one the photo is so bad that is hard to give an honest critique. the shading looks decent from what I can see tho.
I appreciate u taking the time to lemme know what I did wrong. I literally had a handful of tattoos done at that point. If I had someone to show me the ropes teach me Instead of me myself and YouTube I would prolly not have made so many mistakes. The clients were very happy though because the tattoos they already had were really really bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fast track your progress - The complete online tattooing course for beginners