I Fucked Up My First Animal. Help/advice.

Fast track your progress with the world's premier training program the Artist Accelerator

Harhar92

Basic
First Name
Harley
oqOH2TC.jpg

oqOH2TC.jpg

Hey so i do greywash tattoos. Im in a shop. Ive been tattooing a few years nkw mostly doing small stuff and i do alot of fairly realistic skulls. I got my first big cat tattoo finally and i was pretty excited. It was going well but i just couldnt get the hair effect and i started losing the whole tattoo. Its embarrassing and it looks like shit. Its supposed to be a tiger lol. Client is happy with it but im really beating myself up about it. Heres the tattoo any advice would be appreciated.

Harhar92

Basic
First Name
Harley
Im booked for a lion in a few weeks and really debating giving it to someone else.

Patch72

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Russ
Sorry if your in a shop then your mentor should have stopped you and taken over skulls to realistic tigersis a massive jump.some poor fucker has this on them.whats the name of the shop and where are you from.
This might sound harsh but fucking hell a shop really
Your have to see how it heals and take another look

Jerry7297

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Jerry
To me the drawing was off from the start possibly. Hard to tell background from the tiger.

Patch72

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Russ
Im booked for a lion in a few weeks and really debating giving it to someone else.
I’m confused did you not do the tiger then?
If not then why would you take a seat as a customer if the studio is doing work like this?

Ink sponge

Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Adrian
I'd suggest slowing down a bit. Take some time to learn to draw the subjects first. If you can't draw it you won't be able to tattoo it.
There are a couple of instructional DVDs you can get.
Hair of the dog by Bob Tyrell
Animal portraits by Andy Engels
How to approach these types of tattoos are discussed in depth on these videos.
They do take a long time to do properly like a full day sitting for a piece that size.
Good luck

Goldwingdaz

Premium Plus
First Name
Daz
Its like everything in life, your not any good until you fekk up a few times and learn from it. from what i see, it can be saved after healing, a few tweaks and it can be made sensible, not great, but sensible. do it with your mentor by you to guide if needed. Like Adrian says, draw a few on paper, get used to shading them and finding the directions and strokes to bring them alive. when you can do it on paper you have a far better chance of success. I can draw anyone on paper, but my realism on practice skin with a needle sucks harder than a dyson vacuum.

Dont look at it and think your crap. its a big jump and you landed a little short, get up and brush down, fix the problem in your mind, then on the work. its another experience on the path to becoming a great tattoo artist (y)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fast track your progress - The complete online tattooing course for beginners