HELP - TATTO SEEMS INFECTED

Fast track your progress with the world's premier training program the Artist Accelerator

shanythekid

Basic
First Name
Shany
Hey guys!

So I got my 3rd tattoo this year from the same artist (same parlor, ink, everything) but it seems like my tattoo has trouble healing this time.

What worries me the most is a small part where the scab is gone and the flesh underneath is greenish. It doesn't oozes or anything but the color is less than appealing.

I am on day 6 of the healing process. I have been washing 3x day with fragrance free soap (cetaphil), applying moisturizer each time (frangrance free as well, aveeno) and since yesterday evening I am applying antibacterial ointment as well.

Any recommendations from tattoo warriors? Should I see a doctor? Wait it off? Change my routine?

Thank you so much for your help!

A-MAES-N

Basic
First Name
Daniel
What color is it ?? Anyways I believe if its turning green its infected an have you've ever used that color before are you sure it was the same brand of ink he/she used .another thing is if I go to a tatto shop I watch an make sure that everything comes out of the package the Needles, tubes all of it ...one time some guy was going to tattoo me at a SHOP! an I watched well he dropped the Tattoo ink cup he must of thought I didn't notice an he picks it back up an was going to use it I said no can you please get a new one!! Just something that simple can infect your tattoo even if it's rare Still dont take that chance ....an one other thing is are body has naturally heals an if you are washing it repeatedly your takeing away your body's immune cells an let it breath dont put Globs of A&D ointment are whatever you may use ...well them are my suggestions are my opinion...well I HOPE IT COMES OUT FINE !! the last thing you want is a disinfected tattoo iv seen some crazy infections an they can get BAD !! if you see it's not getting any better please Go to hospital get some sort of antibiotic ...I wish you the best GOD BLESS

Cyberthrasher

Premium
First Name
Allen
allens_tattoo_art
If there's anything green that's not green ink, see a doctor.

gadsden1776

Premium
First Name
n
a picture would help
have you been to the artist?

but at this point... something isn't correct. the best advice has been given... go the doctor.

Crazymfk

Premium
Media
First Name
J
Hey guys!

So I got my 3rd tattoo this year from the same artist (same parlor, ink, everything) but it seems like my tattoo has trouble healing this time.

What worries me the most is a small part where the scab is gone and the flesh underneath is greenish. It doesn't oozes or anything but the color is less than appealing.

I am on day 6 of the healing process. I have been washing 3x day with fragrance free soap (cetaphil), applying moisturizer each time (frangrance free as well, aveeno) and since yesterday evening I am applying antibacterial ointment as well.

Any recommendations from tattoo warriors? Should I see a doctor? Wait it off? Change my routine?

Thank you so much for your help!
picture ?

Inky Stevie

Premium
Media
First Name
Stephanie
Seen this a few times. Does it smell ? if it does - doctor right away. Does it feel hot ? (infections do) Too much moisturiser limits healing. Wetness is where bacteria like to live. The other consideration is allergens - I don't really know how you can avoid getting it looked at by a professional.

allinkedup

Premium
First Name
ron
Seen this a few times. Does it smell ? if it does - doctor right away. Does it feel hot ? (infections do) Too much moisturiser limits healing. Wetness is where bacteria like to live. The other consideration is allergens - I don't really know how you can avoid getting it looked at by a professional.
Agree with too much moisture... my Ex got a tattoo on her leg that turned into a mushy mess... she was covering it in ointment for like two weeks, so it never healed and eventually started to scar up. The TATTOO shop and her Dr both said the damage was due to moisture and lack of air.

gadsden1776

Premium
First Name
n
the progression of this discussion seems natural, if not redundant - as these things have been discussed here a lot.

however, with the importance of the subject - it is always a good thing to visit this. imo we really can't exhaust the topic.

when i did my apprenticeship the state law was a tattoo couldn't leave uncovered. so we put a thin layered of A&D & wrapped in plastic (this was just when tegaderm was beginning to be used & several people, including myself, switched). the official instruction (for the plastic wrap method) was to wear it out of the shop & keep it on until you got to a clean environment (this was in vegas - so usually your hotel), or up to an hour. after that wash gently, blot dry, thin layer of lotion (unscented) 3 or 4 times a day & let it heal. one artist bucked that & said not to put anything on it.. simply let it be & apply a hot compress to it several times a day & gentle washing as needed. a quick check shows this artist is still at Revolt Tattoo in Las Vegas.

gooping it up is never a good idea & the above comments & experiences show just that & why.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fast track your progress - The complete online tattooing course for beginners