EGO Switch / Rotary machine

Fast track your progress with the world's premier training program the Artist Accelerator

zjohansson

Basic
First Name
Zebastian
Hello from Sweden!

New to the forum and also kinda new to tattooing. A lot of good threads and advice so I figured why not sign up.

I’ve been tattooing for about six months on fake skins, fruits and myself. I’ve been using coils, first two cheap ones but then upgraded to an Emillion liner. But now I decided to try a rotary machine and bought an EGO Switch.

Anyone else running EGO’s here? Still had some trouble with my outlines running the coils, haven’t tried the rotary yet tho. What voltage do you prefer using rotaries when outlining and shading? Something else I need to think about when switching? I know it runs harder. I’m going to try it out today after work, really curious.

I’ve stacked up with cartridges and bought a new power supply as well, Pirhana’s. So im ready to go!

Dazza

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Daryl
Hi Zeb ,I don’t have a switch but do have a Cheyenne pen ,not really easy to tell you what volts to use because all machines are different,I usually line at 10-11 volts ,but your machine might not be able to run that hi ,might be best to see what Yu can find on YouTube

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
Hej Zeb o välkommen från Stockholm! ? Du har kommit till bästa platsen. Betala för premium, det är lätt värt det, då får du tillgång till de trådar där vi alltid pratar.

What Daryl says, voltage is quite different from tattooer to tattooer, and. 10-11v sounds very high to me, especially if you're new to tattooing. I started out on like 4-5v for shading - which is very slow, but I had control over what I was doing. I still shade on very low volts, like 5-6. For lining I use 6,5-7v - but I use single needles which doesn't require so much speed.

What is good to know is rust there's no reason to go higher than needed. If you get the ink in, it's enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fast track your progress - The complete online tattooing course for beginners