Back In Witham, Essex.... Single, No Kids And No Studio :(

Fast track your progress with the world's premier training program the Artist Accelerator

DJHicks

Ravin' Ink - Witham
Premium
First Name
David
Howdy folks....

Well seems the now ex was cheating on me with my so called best friend while I was home with the kids 24/7!

For months she wouldn't let me register either flat out refusing or making the situation so there was no point as I was taking care of the babies 24/7 so no time to tattoo etc. I later find out I'm not on the tenancy and while the landlady was ok with the studio the estate agents would flat out refuse to allow a business to be run while they are managing the tenancy.

So basically said ex was spinning me lines and letting me set up to keep me there as a babysitter pretty much all the while doing all sorts with who ever. Then telling people she's kicking me out as I'm not willing to work.... HELLO spent months building a studio and starting to get clients!

The whole situation was shit tbh so much I could say but noting going to air any more then I have!

So now I'm back at my parents house.... which I'm renovating and they have agreed for a building to be built in the garden! I'll start a new thread on that as there are some questions I want to ask others with outside buildings/sheds etc.

To all those close if anyone want to meet up for tattoo chat let me know as I have more time now that I only see the kids fortnightly. Its so hard going from 24/7 to hardly anything but on the bright side if there is one I now have time to get myself sorted and properly operating as a business and work!

Good to see a number of new faces here now as well as the regular folk ;)

yutani

I may be synthetic.. but I'm not stupid!
Premium Plus
Media
First Name
kam
All I can say is.. Woah :(..

Onwards and upwards, buddy.. (y)

Sl1pperyweasel

Get more ink..
Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Graham
Shitty situation m8, sorry to hear that. Think id be up for murder right now if that was me! ;)

Will have to meet up for a beer & tatt chat at some point m8.

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
First Name
A
I feel for you bud, been there! I didn't see my daughters for 10 years, I hope everything works out for you and you maintain contact with your children. Do you still have your equipment?

Schallkraft

No P@in no g@in...
Premium
First Name
Chris
Damn life is a bitch and some women are too...
I feel with you and I'm sorry to hear that! Keep your head up high mate!
;)

Patch72

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Russ
This aint good for you or your kids,some best mate a.im still going through this now so best of luck mate,all will get sorted

caztatu

Premium
First Name
Caz
Sorry that you have been dealt such a bum hand. It is a horrible situation bit at least you have your folks behind you.

Really hope that things start turning round for you.

DJHicks

Ravin' Ink - Witham
Premium
First Name
David
Cheers peeps! Yes i still see the kids.... and to be fair its actually better.... they now come to me and have fun and enjoy the time rather then me being tired, moody and obviously pissed off by what was going on while I was there etc.

I brought us premium annual merlin passes and zoo passes so when they come we are always out doing things which has been really good for us all!

Do you still have your equipment?

Yes I took everything except the room obviously lol so have my beloved hawk etc. just such as shame as I was having to turn so many people away while I was hoping to get registered... even those I did tattoo are asking for more work... I've explained my situation and a couple will be travelling to me once set up as they felt more at ease and comfortable then the studios in Stevenage that they had previously been too.

Once I've finished renovating my parents house for them I'll be starting straight away on the outside studio. It's going to be a lot of work as I want a toilet in there so nobody has to go in or near their house.

Thanks again folks :) Onwards and upwards ;)

abn5x

Premium
First Name
Adrian
well sorry to say that but your ex is a real bitch , and your so named best friend is a shallow whore too,i would never betray in such way my best friend... and your ex could at least not be lying to put herself in a better position ... she could just admit that she cheated on you , she's a bitch , and she wants to break up .. but not inventing stories and bs ... really David , i hope you'll find a better woman, and a better and more loyal friend : ) , and i wish you good luck with the construction of the new studio : )

DJHicks

Ravin' Ink - Witham
Premium
First Name
David
Thank you Adrian. Think I'll leave off the women until I'm sorted and where I want to be in life.... don't need the added stress, restrictions or constant questioning as to why I want to spend my time learning lol

The next woman if there ever is to be one I will make sure has a creative side so can appreciate time spent learning, practising and progressing towards a goal/vision that is in your head etc. not someone that would rather just have you in a minimum wage job so she can fleece the spare 50p off you after most of the bills are paid each month LOL

Morrissey

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
John
Man you've been through the shitter , good to see you landed on your feet and that your up and running towards your dreams , some of the best lessons in life are deeply painful ....

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
First Name
A
You will get through this, I have done twice and you think you wont bounce back but you will, my last marriage cost me dearly! I had to buy my wife an house mortgage free as well as giving her a car and everything in the house as part of the settlement, I came away with just my business that I started in 1998 but much happier, I went out with a lot of women I met on plenty of fish and had a great time, I said I would never settle down again ...... but then I met the one :) she is so easy going and totally opposite to my last wives, I am actually getting married again next May in Florida :)

All I am saying is be strong and you will get through this, you will have down days but you will have more good days.

hYSobe

Premium
First Name
Jamie
i would have slapped the hell out of this 'best friend' and slept with your ex's best friend.. no but on a serious note i hope things work out, just see it as a wake up call!!

hope all pans out buddy

DJHicks

Ravin' Ink - Witham
Premium
First Name
David
Cheers Jamie.... seems he couldn't get a family of his own so groomed his way into mine.... Believe me I've thought about doing alsorts... but any hint or even just an accusation of violence will make it seriously hard to see the children at all.... something i'm not willing to loose out on no matter how satisfying it'd be to string them up lol

caztatu

Premium
First Name
Caz
Well David you seem to have the right attitude to all of this and your right is not worth ĺ posing your kids over. I so believe in karma and given enough rope those that think they have string you alone tend to hang themselves. I am lucky when I was going through my divorce the man I started l seeing after we split went on holiday and forgot to tell me he hot married 6 weeks ago so he could stay in the country his son had emigrated to. But it was the best thing as I am now happily married to me ex husband (LONG STORY) AND the man is divorced and got no one nor anything left as it cost him in everything.
So not all of us are bitches. But the same as not all men are users and just want to use and abuse...
So you will see karma if you believe

jacksdad

Premium
Media
First Name
john
nightmare big man,,,, fuk em,, onwards and upwards,,keep the contact up tho,, mine made it really hard to see the kids,, worked out ok now theyre older and have their own minds,, really tough at the time ,,,,, good luck to you ;)

Rising Star

Premium
Media
Shut up moaning Dave you c**t. You can come round mine for a beer now - Im just 20 mins down the 130

Seriously though, Bummer. Testing Times. Time to shine!

DJHicks

Ravin' Ink - Witham
Premium
First Name
David
Cheers folks and dave... i'll start walking LOL

Rising Star

Premium
Media
Dave you gay. How's life in Witham working out for you? Saw your old raving pics on fb the other day - you look well young (prob cos you was lol)

Good times had by all

DJHicks

Ravin' Ink - Witham
Premium
First Name
David
Hi mate, going well so far. Still renovating the parents house though. Been a mission but upstairs is done except carpet in the upstairs hall way/stairs... that will be done once living room is done.

Planning the outside build at the moment. will be a bigger space then previously but still snug. will get the plans up when finalised.

Has sucked not doing much tattoo related. Was doing the house right up till 2am christmas morning then 2 days break then kids for a week then back to it..... madness

Hope everyone here has been ok! And yes most of them raving photos were from 2006 / 2007 odd lol

Rising Star

Premium
Media
Hope everyone here has been ok! And yes most of them raving photos were from 2006 / 2007 odd lol

I got some from Back in the day - these are 14 years old lol, baby faced 18 year old at the time... Trying to keep my jaw from swinging lol

Attachments

• 2000 Mc Det.jpg
    2000 Mc Det.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 2001 One Nation Bageleys.jpg
    2001 One Nation Bageleys.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 11

Sl1pperyweasel

Get more ink..
Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Graham
U want back in the day raving.... Back when i was a young'an :)

Every weekend.... Dont know how im still alive.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 14

Rising Star

Premium
Media
U want back in the day raving.... Back when i was a young'an :)

Every weekend.... Dont know how im still alive.

Every weekend? You Utter Animal!!!

I never got th chance to do a dreamscape - had the ma2 bombers, the record bags and tape packs but never made it to an actual dreamscape - Slammin Vinyl, One Nation, Helter Skelter, Awol, Worlddance etc but never a dreamcape.... Always regarded them as the best even though I never made it to one (was just that tiny bit too young

Best years of your life right??? Nothing beats those long amazing nights - escaping from reality into pure heaven on earth!

Check out that set - takes me right back - Right in the thick of it!

Rising Star

Premium
Media
You're pics capture the very soul of Raving back in the day - Cherished memories right there - I can tell exactly how wicked that night was just from that pic - loving the dude with the ponytail in the ma3 jacket with removable fur collar lol - I had a few of those!

Sl1pperyweasel

Get more ink..
Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Graham
You know it mate. Would do it all again tomorrow. I think i lasted 5 years then i was fryed :) had to slow down & just go clubbing. Somehow managed to survive almost intact.., lost a few on the way tho.. Rip
Did a good few dreamscapes in my time... Dreamscape 20 outdoors was monster. Always liked skelter aswell. Shame the sanctury got torn down & is an asda now :(
We raved all over the country but united dance was our home.
Love listening to the old skool, almost better now than it was then.
Good times....

Sl1pperyweasel

Get more ink..
Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Graham
You're pics capture the very soul of Raving back in the day - Cherished memories right there - I can tell exactly how wicked that night was just from that pic - loving the dude with the ponytail in the ma3 jacket with removable fur collar lol - I had a few of those!
Thats the 90s in a nutshell right there :) good friends, good times & good naughty things ;)

DJHicks

Ravin' Ink - Witham
Premium
First Name
David
Great pics! Yea love it all and still do it... not so much but that financial rather then being over the hill :p lol!

First Name
kirsty
really sorry, but hope now you can do what you love and tattoo to your will :) and get the best of both worlds having time with your kids and getting your business off the ground

troub1edsou1z

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Tom
Sorry to hear man....i sort of know how it is, except wife walked out on me and i wouldn't let her take my son....It's definitely a struggle, but you will make it out....good luck with everything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fast track your progress - The complete online tattooing course for beginners